Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Baking and Running

Today's post is a random post. I don't know about you folks, but I'm over counting the days. Realistically, I broke the challenge [insert boo's here], BUT I am still dieting and exercising and I am training away for my marathon. Besides, this whole writing about my days that are usually boring and repetitive was restricting my writing creativity. Ok, ok, it could also be because I am super random and it takes more effort to sit and plan out the posts and have them correlate with the days than if I allow myself to write whatever I please and force you to read it!

Anywho... If you haven't figured it out by now, I will admit to the blog world that I am not domestic. Tis true that my mother is an amazing cook and my father is NOT. And it is also true that I take after him, not only do I look like him (thank you dad for the FAT genes!) but I have also inherited his inability to cook! However, just because I can't cook doesn't mean I can't bake! I love baking and decorating, cupcakes are my favorite! I have been looking on pinterest for diet friendly dessert recipes and I found one for Healthy Banana Applesauce Cookies and they came out quiet deliciously if I do say so myself!

Healthy Banana Applesauce Cookies

These are actually my cookies, they kind of look like scones but they are delic!

 Ingredients
3ripe bananas
2cups rolled oats
1cup raisins
1/3cup applesauce
1teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, raisins, applesauce, and vanilla.
  3. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 20.8g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
40
Calories from Fat 
3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
0.3g
0%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
0mg
0%
Sodium 
1mg
0%
Total Carbohydrates 
8.7g
3%
Dietary Fiber 
0.8g
3%
Sugars 
3.8g
Protein 
0.9g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 0%Iron 1%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
Legend

 Fat
 Protein
 Carbs
 Alcohol
 Other

Calorie Breakdown (?)
Nutrition Breakdown
Daily Values (?)
Daily Values





















































































































































































































Now that I have made you all hungry by showing you pictures of delicious cookies, I would like to talk about the 18  mile run I had this past Saturday. It was honestly one of the hardest runs I have ever had to do in my life! I struggled with the run from the beginning which I knew was not a good sign. I had to coach myself into continuing. I even talked to myself out loud like a crazy person. My knees hurt, my thighs hurt, my feet hurt, my calves hurt and I did not want to continue running. But somehow through the whining, almost crying, I was able to talk myself into continuing! I was very proud of myself for pushing through the physical and mental barriers. I am 3/4 of the way there now! I know that I can finish this marathon! Even if I do have to talk myself into it the whole time!

I will leave you with this beautiful picture of myself in an apron. One of the few times you will see me with one on! I look much cuter sitting and watching others do the cooking! :-)


-Crystal

 

No comments:

Post a Comment