Friday, September 21, 2012

Reward Yourself

If you are like me, you need a pat on the back when you've worked your butt off. Alex, my husband, recently came up with a points system that really has me geared up and gives me the reward I need. We are just in the second week of using it and so far so good. I've actually already redeemed points for a reward three times!
Alex & I before a workout (P.S. I'm working on my modeling pose.)
The great thing about this system is that it really encourages you to get out and move (definitely something I need encouragement to do). I guess you could say it is an ode to Weight Watchers, but the rewards are what have me really charged.
So here's the breakdown:
For every pound lost, you earn 20 points.
Also, for every pound you gain, you lose 20 points.
If you run or walk a quarter mile, you earn 2 points.
If you do aerobic exercise (including yoga and strength training), you earn 2 points for every 10 minutes.
If you don't workout for two consecutive days, you lose 20 points.
If you don't workout for three consecutive days, you lose half of your point balance.
If you don't workout for four consecutive days, all of your points go to the other person.

"I workout!" - LMFAO
You're probably wondering what the points can be used for, right?
For 50 points, the other person will give you a 10 minute foot rub. (Definitely my reward of choice)
For 100 points, the other person will give you a 15 minute head, neck and shoulder rub.
For 200 points, the other person will give you a 20 minute full body massage.
For 1000 points, you get a professional massage.

Whoever reaches their goal weight first, will get $200 to spend as they please.
FYI, Alex's goal weight is 200, with a starting weight of 289. My goal weight is 140, with a starting weight of 201.

At first I was a little apprehensive because the points only encourage you to get moving and doesn't really do anything for eating right. However, the great thing is that you can still lose points if you aren't losing weight which would also be affected by your eating habits. For now it's working and I've done some sort of physical activity almost every day so I think I'll stick to it.

- Nikki

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait to see your progress...keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete